Wednesday, June 10, 2009

8 Days A Week

is not enough to show I care

It's Tuesday and I have this overwhelming feeling that I've not done anything productive with either dog since last Thursday at least. Horrible! Or maybe I have been doing stuff with them but I'm not disciplined enough to actually sit down and blog about it every night.

Let me think.

Did I mention that in a sudden attack of cone envy, Lola licked herself a hotspot and got to wear the cone for night? Her pitiful Lola face made the situation all the more ironic.




Lola's sad face is also what caused her to get attacked (twice!) at the dogpark last week. I'm sure I must have blogged about that. I force Lola to go to the dogpark the way my mom made us take swimming lessons every Tuesday and Thursday at 7am in the city pool. Actually Lola's distaste of the dogpark would make for a great blog entry.
NOTE TO SELF: BLOG ABOUT LOLA'S FEAR OF THE DOGPARK
Anyway, there was this crotchety nine year old (overweight) Border collie there who wanted desperately to herd or control all the younger dogs. They were all off and running though, so the only dog left to pick on is, of course, timid little Lola who is not running with the pack but hanging back by me. We have not been to the dog park since.

Then of course there's the unveiling of Mondy's latest painting, inspired by my border collies. She is planning on displaying it at her next art show and had it up for sale. WHAT?? I can't have my beautiful doggies hanging on someone else's wall! I must have this painting.



I am certain that I blogged about that.


There's a trial this weekend and Lola is signed up for four runs. I wish I had more free time from work to prepare but we only have Thursday evening to train. Since the last trial we have worked out some of our previous issues. I went back to basics last week and retrained her contacts with the help of tasty chicken livers. I feel confident that we'll do great and have a good time. It's inconceivable that I would not have blogged about our training sessions these past two weeks.



Either there's something wrong with my computer or there just isn't enough time in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment