Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Run Lola Run

"If you let me play sports
I will like myself more;
I will have more self-confidence,
I will learn what it means to be strong.
If you let me play sports."


Is Lola really an athlete? This is a hot topic debate I'm involved in with a co-worker (yeah Andrew, I'm looking at you) right now. So, is she? I say, absolutely, without a doubt, 100% yes; and more than just Lola being an athlete, we are an athletic team.

I am coach, I am sponsor, I am trainer, I am handler, I am partner, I am her number one fan. Lola is sprinter, she is jumper, she is trainer, she is forgiving, she is my number one fan. Together we will play hard, we will train hard, and we will achieve..... everything.



And by everything I mean, running nice clean courses, being in sync, winning ribbons, taking really awesome pictures, and good times with friends. All of the other accolades that come with sports are secondary; we may never get to Nationals, we may never make the world team, but today Lola worked through all her fears and jumped through every tire at every height. She did it for me, and some tasty Timbits, and she made it look effortless.




Good girl!! Take those 22" jumps with confidence, fly through that tire, weave with ease, run fast, have fun. You are without a doubt, an athlete.

Just do it, Lola.




No comments:

Post a Comment