Friday, November 13, 2009

Patience is a virtue

This week we have been working a lot on patience patience patience!



Eventually I'd like for each dog to hold a nice stay until verbally released regardless of the distraction. At this point both dogs will stay while others are playing or if I purposely try to distract them, but split them up and it's anarchy.

JC is actually starting to show more willpower than Lola which I give credit to his herding training. I mean, if he can lie down on command while working livestock he can just about do anything. Lola is another story, mostly because she's spoiled. Her tolerance level while watching me play with JC is really low and my goal is to build it up much much higher.







I think I'm going to need a lot of patience.

1 comment:

  1. Don't we all :) I think that training dogs teaches us more then we teach them!

    ReplyDelete