Sunday, May 17, 2009

Piece of cake

Take one young fast border collie and one slightly muddle headed novice handler, and you've most certainly got a recipe for agility disaster. But with a sprinkle of concentration, a dash of purpose, and a lot of practice, the feeling of accomplishment after a weekend trial is totally sweet.

And earning a Qualifying score in a Starters Gamble? Well, that's just the icing on the cake.




Lola and I also ran two standards this weekend for the first time and I'm really satisfied with the results. Satisfied but also certain that I've got to go back and re examine some of the main ingredients.




Weaves? Not enough seasoning.
Contacts? Stale expiration date.
Table? Self rising.


I finally got my focus in order and now it's time to get Lola's back on track.
Getting back to basics will be our goal for the next month but for now we'll have today's cake and eat it too.




I want to wrap up my thoughts by borrowing a cup of sugar from Andrea, who borrows from Susan Garrett, and express gratitude for my wonderful teammates for all you do; walking the course with me, giving me real feedback, listening over and over again to my many half baked ideas and most of all for always cheering us on. It is your support that keeps us from falling flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment